Author: Create Webinar Team 2019-01-09
Moodle is a learning platform designed to provide educators, administrators and learners with a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalised learning environments. You can download the software onto your own web server.
Top Three Benefits of Moodle LMS:
Moodle is Open Source and Free
Yes, you read right. Moodle LMS itself is free, because it is an open source software distributed under the GNU General Public License. In less technical terms, this means that users and organizations have the freedom to run, study, share, and modify the software to meet their unique needs.
Moodle is Supported by a Global Community
One of the reasons why Moodle is the world’s best LMS is because it supported by a global community of developers. A large benefit of open-source software is that the code is open for scrutiny. This means that developers from all over the world can access the code, and modify it so that it is more secure.
Moodle is Configurable, Highly-Flexible and Feature-Rich
The leading reason why organizations love Moodle is largely because it is configurable, highly-flexible and feature-rich. On top of being able to modify Moodle’s open source code, there are hundreds of Moodle Plugins that allow you to configure Moodle so it performs just the way you like.
BigBlueButton is an open source web conferencing system for online learning. The goal of the project is to enable instructors to live online classes, virtual office hours, and group collaboration with remote students. BigBlueButton is open source.
BigBlueButton supports real-time sharing of slides (including whiteboard), audio, video, chat, emojis, breakout rooms, and screen. It also record all content for later playback.
The BigBlueButton project was started in 2008 by Blindside Networks. In addition our work on BigBlueButton core, we created this BigBlueButtonBN Moodle plugin so you can fully leverage BigBlueButton’s capabilities from within your Moodle site.
The BigBlueButtonBN plugin enables you to:
• Create multiple activity links to online sessions within any course
• Restrict students from joining a session until a teacher (moderator) joins the session
• Launch BigBlueButton in a separate window
• Create a custom welcome message that appears at the top of the chat window when joining the session
• Specify join open/close dates for the session that appears in the Moodle’s calendar
• Record a session
• Access and manage recordings
4. Press “Install now”, choose your moodle site and press “Install now” again. Then press “Continue”.
5. On “Plugins check” step press “Upgrade Moodle database now” and “Continue”. Then you should see “Success” status.
6. Then you will see BigBlueButton settings, fill in the Server URL and Shared secret. Other options you can leave as default. Press “Save changes”.
8. Now to add a link to real-time classrooms to your course you should choose the course, press “Add an activity or resourse” and choose BigBlueButtonBN activity and press “Add”.